Mentoring is becoming an essential skill set for the modern professional leader to help them develop the performance of their trainee, junior or talented team members, particularly where it relates to developing professionals, be they advisers, consultants, accountants or lawyers.
With good mentoring the professional leader will develop the capability of staff, improve their technical and client engagement performance, help them think more effectively and empower them to be confident and competent in their decision making. The leader will thereby also free up their own time and be able to focus on business development and own fee-earning activities.
Quiver Management is a triple European Quality Award winning specialist in training partners, associates and managers to mentor.
The course participants will learn
- The benefits of using mentoring conversation techniques as a professional leader
- How to use mentoring to improve performance and change behaviours (and when not to)
- Constructive listening techniques for improved understanding
- High quality questioning to increase awareness and create progress
- Understand how adults learn and how to use this insight in their conversations with colleagues
- How to build strong rapport and relationships
- How to structure effective mentoring and development conversations
- How to provide developmental feedback for increased understanding, motivation, development and performance
The training workshop will be interactive and practical; mixing theory with conversation exercises. The participants will also receive a course workbook with descriptions of the models and techniques shared during the workshop.
We also offer 2-months and 6-months open courses, leading to internationally recognised mentoring and coaching qualifications.