This 2-day course is specifically designed for business advisers, consultants and business mentors who supports business owner / managers.
The course will boost your competencies, confidence and credibility as a business mentor.
“The training sessions covered a level of details and knowledge that can instantly be applied. The tools and techniques can be used in many business scenarios and are very valuable.” Sarah Danson, Director of Strategic Growth, GFirst LEP
Blended virtual course
This innovative course is currently delivered as a blended course with online learning, virtual workshop sessions and extensive online resources for the Business Mentor to use when working with business owners.
The workshop sessions are very practical and interactive, and are typically delivered as eight 60-90-minute sessions over 2 days.
The total learning hours are approximately 12 hours.
At the end of the programme the participants will be able to download their own personalised certificate to demonstrate their new skills.
The course is also available as an in-person course over 2 days.
“Highly recommended for anyone involved in or planning to do coaching or mentoring, even consultancy. Great content, well delivered.” Mark Vincent, Applied Change, Growth Hub Mentor
Day 1: Coaching Skills
This will cover the core coaching (and mentoring) skills including
- The difference between mentoring, coaching, training and consultancy
- How to use coaching to develop the business owner/managers to improve their own, their teams’ and their organisations’ performance (and when not to)
- Purposeful listening techniques for improved understanding
- High quality questioning to increase awareness and create progress
- How adults learn and how to use this insight to help the business owner/manager
- How to build strong rapport and relationships
- How to structure effective coaching conversations
- How to share perspectives, observations and ideas without advising
Day 2: Business Mentoring Skills
- How to mentor the business owner/manager to conduct a strategic analysis of their business
- Mentoring to generate a growth strategy for the business
- Mentoring to create an action plan with milestones
- Establishing monitoring processes including Key Performance Indicators
- Mentoring a risk review to recognise and mitigate the risks
- How to help the business owner/manager overcome obstacles and setbacks
- Helping the business owner/manager find creative solutions
- Mentoring to recognise and celebrate successes
“Jan is a first-class trainer, able to call on huge body of experience with a delivery that cannot fail to draw you in.” David Chapman, Scott William Associates, Growth Hub Mentor
“After 2 days of training I feel confident to start business mentoring, knowing that I can use the techniques discussed successfully. Thank you.” Tony Collingwood, Trelleborg, Growth Hub Mentor