Action Learning is a powerful process to help groups work on real problems and learn as individuals, teams and organisations. But it is a real skill to manage and facilitate these effectively.
This course will boost your confidence, sharpen your facilitation skills, and equip you to facilitate Action Learning Sets in a wide range of settings. It is practical and relevant to anyone who wants to add to their portfolio of tools and approaches.
“Fast paced and enjoyable course. Highly recommended for those new to Action Learning Sets wanting real ”hands on’ experience of the process. The materials allow you to walk away and implement immediately”
Daniel Plowright, Enquir3 Ltd
Blended virtual course
This innovative course is currently delivered as a blended course with online learning, virtual workshop sessions and extensive online resources for the Action Learning Facilitator to use when managing Action Learning Sets.
The workshops sessions are very practical and experience orientated, with a full Action Learning Set demonstration by the trainer and many opportunities for the delegates to experience and practise the skills.
The online resources include both guidance and forms for the facilitator and document templates to hand out to Action Learning Set members.
The virtual workshop sessions are typically delivered as six 90 – 105-minute sessions over 3 half-days.
The total learning hours are approximately 14 hours.
At the end of the programme the participants will be able to download their own personalised certificate to demonstrate their new skills.
The course is also available as an in-person course over 2 or 3 days and can be customised based on the participants’ coaching and prior facilitation experience.
“If you will be facilitating Action Learning Sets, this is a great investment in your personal development and your Action Learning Set members will benefit from your increased competence and awareness upon completing it. The program is well structured, very interactive and extremely practical in approach. I personally found it very useful ahead of facilitating Action Learning Sessions and know the quality of these sessions are higher as a result of my attendance.”
Adam Pickford, Highlight HR
By the end of this development programme the Active Learning Facilitators will be able to:
- Describe the principles of Action Learning Sets and the value added when using them in a business or across a peer network
- Identify and practise the principles and processes associated with Action Learning.
- Utilise the skills, thinking and behaviours required for effectively facilitating Action Learning sessions.
- Adopt effective listening and questioning skills when facilitating Action Learning Sets.
- Create safe and confidential learning environments suitable for effective Action Learning.
- Manage Action Learning Sets and members within them.
- Competently run Action Learning Sets with peer groups through the application of Action Learning principles, tools and approaches, producing tangible outcomes and actions for group members.
- Effectively utilise virtual mediums to run Action Learning Sets.
- Download a personalised certificate of completion.
“The Action Learning Facilitator Training is a programme with an excellent mix of some ‘theory’, mixed with mainly practical, participatory activities. The trainer was wholly committed to each session and there are really useful post-course materials provided. I now feel equipped to start using this new tool.”
Bryan Stiles, Queensway Leadership Development